The vision of Nordic Integrative Medicine
Become the leading advocate, care-provider and global information resource for patients, caregivers and doctors on Integrative Health and Medicine by partnering with public and private entities.
Establish NIM Centers for Integrative Health and Research, an interdisciplinary green healthcare and preventative research model for Scandinavia and Europe that combines cutting-edge, technologically advanced diagnostics and research tools with compassionate, integrated person-centered care, which upholds ecological and sustainable environmental standards while keeping a sharp focus on the patient’s mindfulbody.
Our collective aim is to relieve the suffering experienced by patients and empower people and their family members to act on their own recovery, disease prevention, and wellbeing.
NIM will execute their vision through the leadership of the NIM Foundation that serves the wellbeing of the greater public throughout the Nordic regions by fostering a comprehensive collaboration of Integrative Medicine (IM) practitioners and researchers, who are leaders in their field.
NIM will be established as a public-private venture that is comprised of two distinct entities: a Danish non-profit foundation (NIM Foundation) and a Danish private corporation (NIM Center). Both entities will provide a context in which collaboration between academic research institutes and IM practitioners can flourish.
NIM continues to educate, advocate, empower and build community for Hope and the Advancement of Integrative Medicine via lectures at universities and parliaments, documentaries and on-line platforms in order to share patient stories and information worldwide on the scientific evidence for Integrative Medicine and Healthcare.
• Since 2013, building the NIM HealthTrust on-line platform (2022 launch)
• In 2015, NIM hosted the 8th European Congress of Integrative Medicine (ECIM) Global Summit on Integrative Medicine and Healthcare Greater Copenhagen (September 25 – 27th)
• In 2017, Integrative Health Group Visit (IHGV) Nordic: A Pilot Interventional Feasibility Study to Manage People With Chronic Pain in a Nordic Inner-city Medical Clinic awarded top-40 citation at 2018 International Congress of Integrative Medicine and Health, Baltimore Maryland USA
• 2022 NIM HealthTrust 360 Chronic Pain Program (start date April 22nd)
• The launching of the premiere NIM Corporate Health Programs.
• The “start-up” of the premier NIM Center for Integrative Health and Research
The 9 foundational pillars of the NIM Centers for Integrative Health and Research are: