Read Integrative Practioner Blog Summary
Sign the Global Petition
Based on our collective commitment to reach the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 and a shared vision to improve human health and wellbeing for all, we aim to build a concerted, global movement to advance the integrative health & medicine approach, based on mutual respect, exchange, collaboration and cooperation.
We commit ourselves and call on others to take action to address pressing global health needs such as antimicrobial resistance and the rising burden of non-communicable disease by further developing, evaluating, sharing and implementing integrative prevention and care models.
We commit ourselves and call on others to collaborate and cooperate in conducting relevant research to increase scientific evidence.
We unite behind the goal to demonstrate the affordability of integrative health care and ensure access for all.
We call on governments:
- To recognize integrative health and medicine as a whole society approach that will help to reach the Sustainable Development Goals;
- To include integrative T&CM into national health service delivery and self-care, as agreed in the WHO Traditional Medicine Strategy 2014-2023 and several World Health Assembly resolutions;
- To collaborate with integrative health and medicine research centers, practitioners and civil society in establishing integrative health and medicine policies;
- To create and fund ambitious public research programs to increase evidence of T&CM treatments and integrative care models;
- To establish and support systems for qualification, accreditation or licensing of integrative medicine practitioners;
- To adopt medicine regulation pathways tailored to the specific nature of traditional and complementary medicines.
We call on the World Health Organization:
- To prioritize the implementation of the WHO Traditional Medicine Strategy 2014-2023;
- To adopt, whenever relevant, an integrative health and medicine approach across WHO departments and strategies to reach the Sustainable Development Goals;
- To facilitate regional collaboration of countries and to closely collaborate with T&CM research centers, practitioners and civil society to advance the implementation of the WHO Traditional Medicine Strategy.
We call on professional organizations:
- To actively support the implementation of WHO Traditional Medicine Strategy, including through certification of T&CM practitioners and practices.
Leave A Comment